Friday, March 29, 2013

Call me definitely (;

To love something so!
Scared you might be loving wrong.
It's hard not to wonder if something is wrong. 
Is it the right thing or is it going to go bad?
I think that people should just give in. 
Just focus on what makes you truly happy. 
Focus on what you know you deserve.
Look forward to those days in the sun.
Don't compare or contrast or measure.
Just grab that hand that you love and squeeze it.
Kiss that cheek.
Call that loved one.
E-mail that old friend.
You're not doing it wrong. 
You're doing it right because it is right. 
This moment will never come again and their 
cheek will never be this ready to kiss.  
Their heart will never beat the same 
as it does when your phone call comes.
Their smile will never have the same beauty 
as when they see their inbox with your note.
Love is always the right thing! 

Speaking of showing love....sometimes I feel like my life is this stupid struggle between staying connected and not.  There are so many ways to keep in touch now.  And sometimes, I get upset when my parents wonder why I haven't called them in a few days.  I have this urge to say "whatever, I don't have to talk to you guys EVERYDAY!" There is a strong likelihood that, in their college days, they probably went a week or more without even a phone call with their loved ones.  Now, in my days, there are phone calls, Skype calls, FaceTime, texting, emailing, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and it goes on.  People can see my every move, and often, I display it freely!  So then why am I forgetting to call my favorites? I love my parents so much and it's unfortunate that I've started to value and seek social media and texting more than calling up those cool people who brought me into this world.  
And, the funny thing is, when I DO call those cool people, I have the best talks and laughs. 
I experience that real connection that only my real longing to stay connected can bring. There's a real difference between the social media "connection" and true connection in real time.  As much as Facebook and Instagram want to help us stay connected, I still never feel better after browsing on those than I do when I talk to someone on the phone, for realz!  
I want to have more of those meaningful chats and moments with the real people in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment